Before I jump feet first into the bloggy waters of Oliver's life I would like to acknowledge that there are some members of our friends and family that have not received emails or detailed information regarding Mr. O's surprisingly difficult arrival onto planet Earth. In order to catch everyone up I am posting the two emails that George composed. One email was sent shortly after Oliver's birth and the other was an update sent at 7 months.
I considered posting heavily abridged versions of these emails since they are quite lengthy and contain a great deal of emotional and graphic content. But then I changed my mind. See... George spent the time pouring his heart and soul into these emails when I could not and if I were to share with you anything less it would diminish the importance these emails held for our family. If you find them difficult to read then you just might have a tiny taste of how difficult it has been to live it.
On the up side, once you continue past the emails it is pretty much good news all the way. While it is not always easy, life with Oliver is always exciting and challenging us to experience ourselves as greater people than we ever thought ourselves to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment