Oliver turned 10 months today. Just how that happened I am not sure. One moment he is my tiny baby unable to hold the weight of his own head and the next he is grown out of most of his clothes, crawling faster than I can keep up with him, seeking out vertical challenges, and is generally tearing the place up. I couldn't be more pleased. If there is one thing that I can say for a fact about Oliver it is he has an indomitable will to thrive.
We spent the day today in the hematology clinic for a scheduled transfusion. Oliver is typically transfused about every 21-23 days. But for some reason we have gone a full 5 weeks since the last one. I look forward to discussing this with his doctor. I hesitate to read too much into it before I have more information, but the implications are exciting. I'll write more about this when the picture becomes more clear.
Thankfully, the family of another infant patient at the clinic donated a pack n' play for general use. I couldn't possible hold him for the 7 1/2 hours we spent there today. He surprised me by recognizing the jiggly toys attached to the netting. I hadn't really expected him to get happy when he saw he was going in there. Off he zoomed to the side where he could bat the wings of the butterfly to his hearts content. He lasted much longer than I thought he might -- until tiredness set in. His morning nap was missed and the 40 minutes of shut eye he did eventually get was only just enough to make him a bit cranky.
But, even in the face of the crankies, Oliver has this amazing ability to turn it off if he thinks he is in a good position to do some major flirting. This includes spitting raspberries and grunting "heh, heh, heh" until the target turns to face him and then boom! he hits them with his biggest smile and squeeze of the eyes shut with a little cock of the head to the left. It's a winner every time. This kid got a double hit of flirting DNA and it shows.
No comments:
Post a Comment