Friday, June 01, 2007

Everywhere A Quack Quack

On a typical Friday, Oliver and I attend a Parent Infant Program at California Pacific Medical Center. Run by physical, occupational, and speech therapists this program is specifically for children with special needs. We play and sing and Oliver has a great time; it turns out that he really enjoys being around other kids. A couple of weeks ago he got to do one of his favorite activities...play in the big bin of balls. Now, anyone who knows Oliver knows that playing with balls is an endless source of delight. So, to be up to his elbows in balls is almost too much fun. I took a photo of him in the bin. I'll try to get it up on Flickr soon.

Well, this particular Friday, Shana, one of the moms in the group invited us to go to the zoo with her and her daughter, Gigi. It just so happened that we didn't have any other appointments that day so I accepted. Who knew the zoo could be so much fun! It's rare that O and I get a day like this... easy and breezy like we don't have a care in the world. So it was quite a treat indeed.

So, we got to do the same thing this Friday. Went to group and then went out for a stroll. This time we walked along the marina. Today is cloudy, windy, and around 60 deg., but the humidity is high so it feels fairly warm. We saw dogs, birds, bicycles, a pelican, and lots of choppy waves on the bay. Okay, so no ducks to drive the boy wild but, all in all a good day. Oliver finally succumbed to exhaustion around 2:30pm (he has been up since 6:30am) and will hopefully get in some good rest before we bring him over to friends of ours tonight.

Our friend Christine volunteered to babysit the boy this evening so George and I can have a night out on the town alone. A very generous gesture that I am excited about. It is my hope that Oliver is on his best behavior. He can be quite a handful when he is at his best and utterly exhausting when at his... let's just say "not quite himself". So, I hope you have fun Christine! I'd love for you to volunteer again:)

Uh, oh. Speaking of, looks like O is waking up. Will write more about his latest shenanigan's again soon!

No comments: