Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bark Like A Seal

Last Saturday night I was concerned I may have to bring Oliver into the hospital due to fever. Fortunately, it never reached 101F. I was able to let him sleep and by morning his fever had passed. Other than the occasional sneeze and cough it didn't seem like there was much going on. He has been pretty mellow the past couple of days so I did know he was not feeling great.

Well, last night Oliver woke up bolt upright repeatedly last night with coughing fits -- the sound is unmistakable: he has a mild case of croup. Poor dear. It was quite distressing for him. And no wonder. He was clearly having a tough time. He is resting for now; taking a morning nap! When Oliver takes a nap in the morning you know he must feel terrible. My goal is to keep him relaxed as much as I can today and watch how he progresses.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Poor Oliver. I don't think I've ever actually seen croup. So the word just makes me think of that chapter in Anne of Green Gables when some poor child's croup is just an excuse for Anne to save the day and get to hang out with Diana again.